Thursday, December 31, 2009

What we did in November...

Yes, it has been a really long time since I updated this blog.
So I'll start with November.
What did we do?

My sister Michele came to visit.  So did my sister Lori, her husband Amaleki, and their son Jared.

This is Michele...


And this is how I found Michele in the morning after she slept on my floor overnight.  Yes, her bed was really popular with my kids!


These are my kids with their only cousin on my side - Jared.  Every time Lori and I get together, we always take a million group shots of the kids. (I just don't have any good pictures of Lori or Amaleki.) Sometimes the kids cooperate, but usually not all at the same time.



Here is Adam sharing Joshua's fire truck with Jared.  The buttons make sounds.


November was a hard month for my family.  My mother had her second open-heart surgery and heart valve replacement in about 4 months.  She spent the entire month of November in the hospital, but she is now home.  She is working hard to regain her strength.  This picture was from this past summer, just before her first valve replacement.




Ok, age 3 is really really fun.  Joshua is so fun to watch and listen to.
Joshua will line up anything - and anything with wheels is preferred.  He has always loved cars.



Joshua's favorite color is... you guessed it!  ORANGE.  He won't use any other color.


This picture was so silly I had to include it.  I was holding Olivia on the couch with my camera sitting next to me.  I had a great idea that if I held the camera out in front of us, I could take our picture together!  I had no idea she was PICKING HER NOSE until I reviewed the picture I took.



Thanksgiving was great.  Michael really really loves pie.  He doesn't care for cake.  Every Thanksgiving is a great excuse to make many different kinds of pie.  (in fact at his parent's house, when all the family gets together, they have about 40 or more pies.)  This year we had apple, cherry, and pumpkin.  Jenny came for Thanksgiving dinner, and then we went to visit Mom afterwards (in the hospital.)



So that's November.  Just a little over 2 months later.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Updates... Updates... YEAH!!!
I love the "picking the nose" pictures! We'll have to visit more often so you can atempt to get pictures of us! (Ha, good luck)