Our free field trip of the week was to visit two museums at BYU.
Our first stop was the Museum of Paleontology across the street from the Stadium.
Adam gladly posed next to the T-rex skull.
Everyone LOVED the dinosaur bones...
(those are Allosaurus and Camposaurus)
...except Olivia who took one look at the giant skeletons, screamed, and climbed me. I carried her the whole time. The only time she wasn't scared was for this small dinosaur (dimetrodon):
Joshua loved the biggest dinosaur they had (torvosaurus) ...
and the giant crocodile skull (deinosuchus).
Next we headed to the Monte L. Bean Life Science Museum, but ended up at the Museum of Art. Kids weren't thrilled about that. It was "boring!"
Finally we found the Bean Museum.
And Joshua found his favorite exhibit. Couldn't drag him away from the drinking fountain.
Emily's favorite exhibit - the HUGE bear.
I'm sad to report that Olivia liked the Bean Museum just as much as she loved the dinosaur bones. Not as much screaming, but a lot of climbing me. When she wasn't climbing me, she insisted on pushing her own stroller. (to keep it between her and the scary animals!)
Olivia wouldn't walk by these cats.
I remember going to the zoo when I was Emily's age and seeing Shasta the (stuffed) Liger displayed next to the tiger cages.
Typical picture of my kids out in public.
I can't wait until next week when we go to the zoo!
I bet Olivia will just love big animals that move.



















1 comment:
Looks like another fun trip!!
I can hardly wait for the zoo trip next week... it'll be great!
Post a Comment