Sunday, August 1, 2010

Tracy Aviary

This week's field trip was to Tracy Aviary in Liberty Park.


What did we see?  Ducks and BIG Ducks!

What are big ducks?

Pelicans.





This was a strange bird.  It was as tall as Olivia.


Same bird with kids in the picture for perspective.



Kids in front of a vulture cage.


I have never seen a colorful vulture before.


Of course there were swans.  I think they were in the same category as "big ducks."


This picture is inside a humid building looking at birds that liked to hide.  But I did get a picture of all the kids almost looking at me.


This is Emily in front of the toucans.  They were her favorite birds.


Joshua loved the orange Ibis.


Miriam's favorite - Flamingos! 


The bald eagle was hiding on the ground in the back of the habitat.  I zoomed in a lot to get this picture


The golden eagle cooperated more.


The kids loved throwing food pellets at the ducks.  


Miriam loved telling me how the ducks "kissed" when two ducks dove for the same piece at once.  She only threw the food pellets one at a time just so she could see the ducks kiss.



After the aviary, we played on the playground on the other side of the park.  The kids loved it and even got wet in the fountain.

No comments: