Joshua was a little timid when it was time to open gifts. He stayed right by Michael and was hesitant to even open his gifts. (yes, wrapped in leftover Christmas paper)
Miriam could't stand the suspense. She showed Joshua where to tear the paper, and tried to help with each gift. He just wasn't moving fast enough for her. Miriam reminds me of myself as a child.
Joshua couldn't figure out why we lit candles and pushed the cake closer to him. All afternoon I had been telling him, "no touch."
When we started singing "Happy Birthday" to Joshua, and everyone looked at him, Joshua hid his head until we were done singing.
Now comes the part where the birthday boy blows out his candles, right?
Not this birthday boy. He held this pose for 2 minutes while we all tried to tell him to blow out candles, and show him how. After all, doesn't every 2-year old already know to blow out candles? :) Finally, Michael and Adam helped Joshua by blowing the candles out for him.

Joshua might have been a little more reserved than usual during his birthday celebration because we had company! My sisters, Jenny, and Jamie, and Jamie's husband, Pat, came for cake and ice cream. We had a great visit, and I had to laugh when both my sisters wore red too. We didn't even plan it.
Monday after Joshua's birthday, a box arrived from my family in Wyoming. Inside were books, snacks, art supplies, and cards. (did I miss something?) Joshua's favorite item from the box was the hoops and yoyo card (http://www.hoopsandyoyo.com) from my sister, Michele. Everytime you open the card, it chants, "we want ice cream, we want ice cream..." Joshua just sat and grinned ear to ear. He played with that card all night, the next day, and still today.
Happy Birthday Joshua - We sure love you!













3 comments:
I am so glad that you found us. I just love blogging for that reason. You can find long lost friends and keep up with their lives. I can't believe you guys have five kids.WOW. You are amazing. When we left, you guys just had three. I can't believe how big they are. I hope everything is going well and I am exicted to be able to keep up with you guys.
Happy Birthday Joshua! I say that too at every birthday!
Aren't little ones birthdays just the best. We just had one too on the 6th.
Post a Comment