Sunday, November 16, 2008

Animal quilt pictures

About 18 months ago, I wanted to learn to quilt.  My Relief Society had a class on quilting.  Our patterns were from the civil war era and the fabric replicas were muted colors. I decided if I was going to make a quilt, it had to have a purpose, and our need at the time was a quilt for Adam. None of the fabric I saw that was meant for the project looked like a little boy. That's when I got the idea to use bright animal prints instead. As I started sewing the blocks, I decided why not make two quilts and have one for Joshua as well.  

I finally finished putting them together, and my friend, Celeste Henderson, machine quilted them.

Enjoy the pictures: 




If you prefer, you may link to my Picasa web albums to view the large versions of the quilt blocks:

http://picasaweb.google.com/kcallg/QuiltPictures

5 comments:

Lori said...

I love the quilts! I'm sure your boys will love them too.

Dave, Lisa, Summer and Jace said...

These are awesome. I use to have a quilting club but I never acutally finished one. Congrats on getting it totally finished. That is quite the accomplishment.

Morgan said...

Holy Cow! Those are amazing! Great job!

heather peck said...

o.k., you are pretty much amazing!!WOW, those look awesome!! I am totally impressed, you have so many hidden talents!

Kristy said...

Heather, you mentioned talents...

I have to admit my two ongoing challenges:

1. I cannot cook brown rice on the stovetop to anybody's satisfaction - even when I follow directions.

2. My hard boiled eggs never come out smooth. They are lumpy ugly eggs.