Olivia celebrated her 1st birthday this week. I can't believe it has been a whole year!
She loved this piano/xylophone. So did everyone else.

In fact, she didn't want to open any more presents after she opened her new "piano." The short video clip shows her throwing another gift and going back to the piano. She did this over and over and over. (sorry for the low resolution. I'm still learning to use my new camera.)
Finally, she opened the last gift (with help) and inside was a new doll. The first thing Olivia did was suck on all four appendages.
The cake. Yes, the frosting is the same pudding and Cool Whip frosting I used for Emily's birthday back in August. (click for recipe) There is a middle strawberry gel layer (danish dessert mixed with Cool Whip), and more Danish dessert used on top for the writing. It doesn't look amazing, but it sure tasted good. My boys usually don't eat the cake, but they ate this one.
Olivia has had cake before - after all, there is always a birthday in our house full of seven people. So she wasted no time attacking the cake.
First, she had to get rid of the plate.
Then, she ate frosting as fast as she could. A little cake too, but not much.
Can I have more?
Getting clean!
Thanks a bunch to all the grandparents who sent cards for her birthday. :)















1 comment:
Looks like another fun birthday!! I love Olivia's laugh - it's so cute!
Post a Comment