Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Third Grade RECORDER Recital


It takes a very special person to be able to teach 150 kids (6 classes of third graders) to play the recorder.

I'm not that special person.

Emily has one dedicated music teacher at her elementary school!

And now, what you have all been waiting for...
...THE VIDEO!  (just one of 9 songs)




the rest of the story:
Emily came upstairs this morning in a PANIC.
"Mom you HAVE to come to my recorder recital.  IT'S TODAY!"

I had no idea when or where this recital was taking place.  I had not seen any note, nor heard anything about a recorder recital today.  So after emptying the enormous quantity of paper from Emily's backpack and not finding the "purple note she forgot to give me last week," I made a few calls.  "Luckily" the three youngest kids and I made it to her school for the grand performance.  Wish I would have known sooner so I could have sent out INVITATIONS!

:O)

Great Job, Emily!

(Dad, does this top attending my 4th grade violin recital?)

2 comments: