Monday, August 16, 2010

Grandpa's favorite store

The kids were thrilled to visit Grandpa's favorite store last week.


First stop - the huge mountain in the center of the store.  This time Olivia didn't panic when she saw the animals.




On the other side of the rail is fish pond.  Fortunately, none of my kids fell in, even though they tried hard to lean over as much as possible.  The kids loved throwing food to the fish.


I liked Olivia and Joshua's expressions in this picture.


Bears and Moose are huge!



After walking around the ground level, we took the elevator upstairs and found the food!  
Ice cream sandwiches!


Our cashier thought the kids would enjoy the shooting range and gave us free tokens.  Well, it was interesting.  I tried to show them how to hold a gun - drawing on my brief instruction from my childhood on how to fire a BB gun.  Let's just say, the kids loved the sound the gun made when they pulled the trigger, but couldn't care less about aiming.  I'm just glad I didn't pay for any tokens.


The best part of the store we saved for last - the aquariums!
This fish is almost bigger than Emily.

I'm sure when my dad was 5 years old he would have look just like this staring at the fish.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Ahhh... Cabela's! What's not to like about that! :-)

Sheila said...

Seriously! It's like a mini museum! What a fun time!