Monday, December 1, 2008

Our tree is up!

This year our neighbor cut two Christmas trees and gave one to us.  It isn't the perfectly groomed tree you would find in a tree lot, but we love it anyway.  It drinks about a gallon of water a day.

The kids loved decorating the tree.  Joshua got so excited to put "balls" on the tree.  Since they were non-breakable I let him help.  Miriam and Adam must have had a silent race going to put the most ornaments on the tree.  Emily tried to hide her favorite ornaments (the ones with pictures of her in them) in the back under the bottom branches, but I made her get them out to hang where we could see them.  Through it all, Olivia sat in her saucer seat and happily watched us decorate.  

Love the fence around the tree?  I can't quite decide if the fence is to protect the tree from the kids, or the presents from the kids.  :)


Joshua did not want his picture taken with the tree, so I had to get a picture of him when he wasn't paying attention.


Everyone else couldn't wait to get their pictures taken in front of the Christmas tree.


All done!  Time to put the fence back up until Christmas morning.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Our tree is up too. It's a "perfectly shaped", "perfectly fake" tree - with no scent to drive my allergies nuts!!
Cute tree. Jared just stared at our tree last night with that "WOW!" look on his face.