Saturday, December 27, 2008

Pajamas



It has long been a tradition in our family that the Mother gives the kids new pajamas on Christmas Eve so that they will look good for Christmas morning pictures.


This year, I decided to sew pajamas for my kids. I have two huge boxes of fabric given to me by a lady in the ward and I thought it would be "fun" to sew pajamas. I thought it would save money too. Well, it was fun at first, and it did save a little money. What I didn't count on was the TIME it would take, or how much sleep I would loose sewing until 1 or 2 in the morning for days (and weeks) on end.


To be completely honest, this project falls into the same category as Halloween costumes. I hope to NEVER sew them myself again.


This first picture of the kids in pajamas looks great! No, I didn't make these pajamas. My mother gave them pajamas a few days before Christmas. I guess she know there was a possibility for disaster when I told her about my project. After all, she sewed pj's for us when we were kids.




Here it is. My kids in the pj's I made for them. In my defense, I did measure the kids. Still, they are all too wide, and too long. Can I shift the blame to the pattern?



Adam and Joshua held hands by themselves, and held still for a picture! Since when?



Look at how nicely Olivia's pajamas fit! I found them for 2.99 at Kid-to-kid!




Joshua only wore his new pajamas for about an hour before we made him change into the pj's his grandmother gave him. The problem? He wouldn't keep the pants on! He kept taking them off and putting BOTH legs into one of the pantlegs. Well, maybe next year when they all have grown a little the new pj's will finally fit everyone.





It takes experiences like this for me to remember why I like sewing quilts and why I shouldn't make clothes. How I made Emily's baptism dress actually fit her still amazes me.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Yes, SEWING is what I have been doing all December instead of blogging.

Lori said...

I feel the same way about sewing clothes!! YUCK!
But, I do have to say that large, baggy pj's on kids are rather cute! :-)