Here is your daily dose of humor - courtesy of my kids:
Joshua is a funny kid. He is learning how to say his own prayers, and probably could do it by himself, but he likes to have help anyway. At lunch last week, it was his turn to pray. I asked him if he wanted me to help him or Adam to help him. (now, I should explain that Adam has never helped anyone before, and he still likes to receive help when it is his turn. I was teasing Joshua with the comment.) Joshua grinned really wide - like Curious George - and proclaimed that Adam was going to help him say the prayer. At that, Adam was so shocked and scared I would really expect him to do it, that he dove under the table. There was no way he was going to help Joshua - or even look at me. I saved Adam the "torture" and told Joshua I would be helping him say the prayer. Reluctantly, Adam came back up, and luckily, Joshua let me help him. I would really have loved to hear how that prayer would have turned out. ;)
Last night, I was helping Joshua say his nightly prayer. This is how it went...
Me: Heavenly Father...
Joshua: Heavenly Father...
Me: Thank you...
Joshua: Thank you...
Me: for our family...
Joshua: for our family...
(one or two other items, but I forget what they were)
Me: help me...
Joshua: help me...
Me: to be good
...(long pause) Me again (just in case he didn't hear): to be good
(Joshua with his arms still folded raises his head, opens his eyes, and glares at me)
Joshua (in a loud growly voice): MOM, I DON'T WANT TO BE GOOD!
(I decide to ignore the comment, and try super hard not to laugh)
Me (trying to sound normal): In the name
Joshua (in a super sweet voice like nothing happened): In the name
Me: Of Jesus Christ
Joshua: Of Jesus Christ
Me: Amen
Joshua (shouts): A - MEN!
(Joshua vaults into bed)
13 years ago








3 comments:
This had me laughing soo hard!! What a little funny kid!! I LOVE IT!! Wish I knew your boys, they sound GREAT!! You are going to be so happy you wrote this one down!!!
Funny!! I'm remembering a certain shopping trip we had together with that wonderful little boy... WOW!
That is so cute! I can imagine how hard it was to not laugh right then and there. Kids are so fun!! :)
Post a Comment