Thursday, July 3, 2008

Joshua discovers a red sports car


Yesterday I took all five kids shopping.  As we were getting back into the van after one of our many stops I turned to pick up Joshua (who is 21 months old) to put him into his car seat.  He was staring at the red sports car parked next to us.  It was shiny red, looked like it had just been washed, and it captivated my young son.  He stared at it for a long while before reaching up his hand to gently touch it with his fingertips.  Then, he slowly walked all the way around the car, not taking his eyes off of it.  He really was admiring the car!I let him make one lap before reaching for him to put him into the van.  He wasn't done.  He took off running around the other side of the red car where he stopped and stared at it some more.  When I finally caught him, he kicked and screamed as I placed him in the van.  When I started to close the door, he reached longingly towards the car and grunted.  He loved that car!

Now cars don't do anything for me.  In fact, I don't even pay attention to much besides color.  So I can't even tell you if it was a convertible or not.  All I know is it was red, fancy, and Joshua loved looking at it.  Joshua has always loved playing with his toy cars.  He has always known what sounds cars make, and pushes them all over the house.  Often, they appear to have sprouted wings as he launches them through the air in my direction.  I'm not surprised he noticed the full size car, just really amused at how long he wanted to spend at it.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

That's a boy for ya!