Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Blessing

On Sunday Olivia was given a name and a blessing by her father.  My parents, two sets of grandparents, and two of my sisters were able to be there.  During the blessing Olivia was very well behaved due to the pacifier Michael held in her mouth.  For the rest of the meeting I got to listen and sit by Michael!  Adam was asleep on the floor.  Joshua slept on the bench.  Grandma Johnson held Olivia.  Emily sat between Grandma Johnson and my dad.  Miriam sat between my mom and my sister Jenny.  I almost felt lost with no kids next to me to constantly keep an eye on.  Once in a while, I looked back at the girls to make sure they were behaving, and they were.  

This is Olivia asleep with me.  She had a long day of holding and is exhausted.

The whole family.  Family pictures taken after church at 4:30 in the afternoon are hard to hold still for.  This is one of what seemed like 50 continuous shots my father took while we begged the kids to smile and hold still for the camera.  If you look closely, Emily is sticking her tongue out, Adam is grouchy, Joshua is about to run off, and Miriam is trying to look good.  It was one of the best shots, but I'm glad I didn't have to pay the photographer.  :)


So precious!  I love it when their eyelashes finally grow in.

Too many pictures of a sleeping baby and she woke up again!  

1 comment:

Morgan said...

She is adorable! I love babies in their white clothes!